Monday, June 16, 2014

Rainy "Home" Visit


I am in the Pittsburgh, PA area this week – home (or at least one of them).  I spent Thurs. through Saturday at St. Vincent’s College, Latrobe at the Southwestern PA synod assembly.  This was my third assembly in three weeks.  (I can say that I am glad not to be churchwide staff who have to attend multiple assemblies every year!)  As I expected, I saw more people I knew and met many others.  My two forum sessions went well with more people in the 9 a.m. one than the other at 4 p.m. (To be expected...)  Here is a picture I took of Bishop Kusserow during a plenary session. 

It has been rainy all week.  Many days I have continued to walk most days.  Here’s an attempt to share a gorgeous cloudy sky between rains taken in Latrobe.  We even had a thunder storm one day with thunder and great lightning – reminding me of storms in Garoua Boulai.

On Sunday, I was hosted by Zion Lutheran Church in Harmony, PA.  I preached a children’s and adult sermon and shared conversation during coffee hour after the liturgy.  Pictured here is Rev. Barbara Love and me sitting at coffee hour.
I have a few more days in Pittsburgh and then back to Mechanicsburg and on to Texas next Sunday.  Travels continue!

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for something like this…I found it quiet interesting, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs….Keep sharing
    To know more information about SUV Orlando visit us.

    ReplyDelete